Sunday, November 30, 2014

New Blessings and Exciting Changes

It has been almost a year since I've updated this blog. Surprising I still remembered that it exists.

If you have followed my blog in the past you probably remember when I apologized to the masses. I still stick by that. Now, I am about to move up to Stafford, Virginia, for my permanent duty station in Quantico, Virginia. My apartment is bigger, with two bathrooms, a bedroom, a study, and it is beautiful. My cat is tagging along, of course. Because we don't have a lot of stuff, we're moving ourselves with a trailer. It's not that expensive, we looked through our options.

I have finally finished my training. Three months of boot camp, one month of combat training, six and a half months of MOS school at the naval school of music, with 9 days of leave smashed in there. In one month I will have been enlisted for one year! That's a bit crazy. I'm just so excited to start my real job as a musician. I have a lot of work to do, though. I have to memorize a lot of music and get myself into high gear. But I know if I put the job first and work my butt off, I can do this.

Just as a reminder, Jonathan and I got married during my boot leave because we knew it was the right timing, and because of it, he was able to live with me while I was at school. He is such a blessing.

Another very pleasant surprise (it wasn't pleasant at first), was when I found out that I was pregnant. I'm at 8w5d, almost 9 weeks pregnant. The baby is almost the size of an olive. I'm so excited, but so terrified at mother hood. I don't feel like I'm mentally old enough. But I'm sure I will do okay (hopefully). So far, I'm nauseous at random smells (pickles, cigarettes), I crave chocolate pretzels, I and extremely bloated, and it's starting to show (I'm at the unfortunate stage of where I just look kinda chubby, not pregnant), and I'm SO tired. Very tired. Like I nap at random kind of tired. I have a doctor's appointment for the 10-11 week mark, and I'm excited to see the little heart beat and how he/she's doing (I think it's a boy, but it annoys Jonathan, so I don't say anything :P). So far, it has been a huge surprise, and my mother is excited about being grandma.

Right now, though, I'm preparing to do my job in the Marine Corps, until my body doesn't allow. I'm not really suppose to run anymore, so I'm going to be doing a lot of power walking, because I want to get back in the game strong. But I want to be the best clarinet player. I want to be the strongest female. I want to be a light in my future platoon. My dream has just started, and the baby isn't a deterrent, it's just another member joining us for the ride.

This is what has been going on! What a productive year!

No comments:

Post a Comment